Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day Five - January 8, Thursday

I left the house by 8 to get Bear in to the vet for his surgery (14 teeth removed)

The trees and grasses were covered with Hoar Frost…so pretty.

After dropping Bear off, I went for groceries.

On my way home, Vinj called – Kath was having a bad day. A girl from church was coming to look after Casey and Seth but had to leave before Kath was going to the Doctor. I said I’d come by 2:30 to help out.

A storm was blowing in…..it was snowing and blowing as I drove back to town, but it did not get as bad as they predicted.

I stayed at Kath’s until I had to leave to get Bear. $650 later, he has very few teeth but will likely feel better and eat better than he has in years. I can relate to the poor little guy. He will be upstairs with me for at least the next week or so until he can eat the regular food again. Then again, maybe I’ll make this a habit? He’s not much trouble.

Also today, I called about getting Jim's gas monitor recalibrated (had to leave a message in the end) and talked to our agent at Ing & McKee where we buy our liability insurance.

I cleaned and organized another drawer in the filing cabinet, and made a pot of taco soup.

Jim called on his way back to the hotel from his location. We had a long talk - for the whole hour that it takes to get to town. It is always good to have a long talk with my best friend.




1 comment:

Jan said...

Can I have the recipe for Taco Soup? :)

Jan