Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 283 Saturday, October 24

Remember the hole in our basement wall? Well, Jim put a temporary 'plug' in it and then we sort of forgot about it over our busy summer.

It is fall now, and the rodents are attracted to the warmth of the house. We remembered the hole but unfortunately, Jim was away at work.

One of the benefits of having Daniel at home is that he is pretty handy at things like fixing holes in basement walls......it was the first thing he did after settling himself in the house.






As for me.....my temperature is normal today. I feel better but now am coughing and sniffling - not alot, but ......

This evening was the more 'public' celebration of Jessica and Brock's marriage. I'm glad I was feeling well enough to go.

How many brides get to get all 'dooed up' and wear their wedding gown TWICE?

I think Brock looked happier and certainly less nervous than he did on October 3....their actual wedding day.



One of the many relatives I was able to touch base with tonight was newborn Rebecca Jayne....great granddaughter of my Aunt Mavis....granddaughter of my cousin Gail........daughter of Crystal, who is the same age as Kathryn. Rebecca was born the same day as Ava.



It was good to see so many rellies and long time family friendss in one place. Here, my cousin Jodi greets my mom.....



All my kids were also there, all looking handsome or beautiful. My grandkids provided much entertainment for the baby loving ladies of my family and the older girls played hard with Seth, Donny and Luca and Jessica`s friend`s little ones.
There are plenty of other photos, but I`m going to try end the year by fulfilling the original goal of this blog ...... ONE photo a day. I already did not accomplish this goal today.
As to that goal......I have felt that this blog has taken away from my original blog. I don`t think it would have if I had stuck to the original purpose. I was supposed to post ONE photo with very limited journalling. Since I`ve not done that, obviously, the posts on this blog have become what would have been on my original blog and since everyone that visits this blog also visits the other blog, I did not want to repeat info on the original.
For this reason (the fact that 365 is taking away from Musings) I am going to focus on the photo aspect of this blog. If I cannot keep myself from posting multiple photos and journalling about them, I will discontinue this blog at the end of the year. If I can actually take or choose ONE photo to give a pictoral history of my life, I will continue next year.
Now you have fair warning.


No comments: