Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 263 Saturday, October 3

We were up early....met Melanie and Mom at Mom and Dad's in Red Deer at 7:30 a.m. Mom and Melanie were going for a 'Mother/Daughter overnight trip' to Canmore and Jim and I were going to Jessica and Brock's wedding - also in Canmore. Melanie had booked a 3 bedroom 'condo' so we could all stay together.



Here's Mom looking out the window at the cloud covered mountains.....





A shot of our 'living room'.......









We had about an hour and a half to relax before we got ready for the wedding.




We arrived a little early, but since everyone else was staying at the bed and breakfast where the wedding would take place, it did not matter. We visited with Chris for awhile and also Ben Johnson, who was there to perform the ceremony, then went into the dining room to find a seat in the second row.




My brothers.....










My mom.......








My Great nephew, Luca.....







The mother of the bride arrives, and everyone becomes quiet and expectant.......









The groom and his fellows came up from downstairs.......








My niece, Janice........








My niece, Sarah.......







The music changed to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and I smiled......Jessica has ALWAYS been in love with 'The Wizard of Oz'.....since she was tiny, it has been her favorite movie. I focused my camera on the back of the stairs down which she would be coming.......When I saw her feet, I teared up......







It seemed so appropriate that she would be wearing 'Ruby Slippers'.....you know, the ones with the power to take her home. Brock is now her 'home'.




She looked lovely as she entered the room on her handsome daddy's arm.....





Jessica's 4 yr old son, Donovan, was the ring bearer. He got a little tired soon after he got to the front so Brock's dad (the best man) told him to just sit down.......






After the ceremony, my mom took advantage of having all 4 of her kids in one place and commissioned a photo to be taken. It seemed like hundreds of photos were taken........





Jim and I returned to our little house after the ceremony. Melanie and Mom had been out shopping and having lunch but returned soon after we did.



Jim helped Melanie with something on her computer.....






Back at the wedding........


The room had been transformed and looked lovely! Jessica's colors were orange and brown and gold. Very pretty.


I really liked the decoration on the front of the head table:








We sat with my brother Kevin and his wife, Angela. When Kevin went to pull the cork out of the top of the wine bottle, it broke, leaving half a cork stuck in the neck of the bottle. Jim went into the kitchen and found him a corkscrew and Kevin then spent the next several minutes carefully extracting the half cork - without pushing it all the way in or breaking it apart into a hundred tiny pieces of cork......






Cake serving time.......







The 'first dance' was to 'Earth Angel'..........





We left soon after the 'official' dances were over......Jim had been up at 3 a.m. the day before, after all, and was accustomed to a bedtime of about 10 p.m.



It was a nice day.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Great picture of my dad- not often one gets a smiling one of him!
Not such a great one of me....
Love, love, love the picture of Jessica's shoes as she came down the stairs!
It was so nice to visit with you guys! I'm so glad you both made it! XO