Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 247 - Thursday, September 17

The root cellar did not get worked on today....but here is a photo after the walls had been fixed:






Last night, Vinj called and asked if Seth could come stay with me while he was at work so Kathryn could study all day. So....Seth was here to start the day for us with his sweet smiles.


Wonder what he's looking at like that?



...A pajama wearing violinist, that's what!





He's stunned at his uncle's semi-naked attire....




Daniel made himself waffles for breakfast (which was closer to lunch)....





Since we were expecting Daniel's friends from New Zeland to visit today, we spent the morning and early afternoon tidying the house, preparing for company.
I picked some beets to serve for supper....






Daniel 'posed' for some photos while he was cooking waffles.....






Soon after we'd gotten all our chores done, his friends called to say they would not be coming out after all. Oh well.


Instead, Daniel went to visit a friend he wanted to see even more.....Michael Rostad.


He got dressed and left, toting his dad's guitar on his back since he and Mike were going to spend the afternoon 'jamming'.







Dan called a few hours later, very excited......the Rostad's were going to the private Tim McGraw concert and Nicole was too sick to want to go. She offered her ticket to Daniel. He was thrilled to be able to attend and he enjoyed it very much.


Seth and I hung out and I did some baking for the upcoming shower until I realized I was missing an important ingredient. I called Kath and told her I'd bring Seth home rather than have Vinj come pick him up after work.


Seth had been having a good time - sometimes we played outside, sometimes he rode his 'bike' around the house.....







When we arrived at his house, he ran right to Taliah to give her a kiss. Vinj arrived home soon after and the three of us had a visit. When I went to leave, Seth came over and put his arms up. As soon as I picked him up, he turned to his mom and dad, waved, and said 'bye' as he leaned over to kiss his mom. When we told him he wasn't coming home again with 'Mama', he cried and cried. We tried to divert his attention, but he was determined to come with me. While it made my heart glad that he wanted to be with me, I was sad to leave him in tears.





No comments: