Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 230 Monday, August 31

I took Seth to the doctor for Kathryn today.....he's had a cough and runny nose for about 12 days.

When I got home, Jim and Dan had returned from Edmonton where they had gone to buy us a new freezer. Dan was laying in the hot sun on the trampoline, 'talking to God'.




My garden looked nice, so I walked over to take some photos. My brussel sprouts are still pretty small, but I continue to be fascinated by this plant....


The nastertiums are finally blooming - their bold colors are worth the wait!

Here is the main focus of the day.....still on the trailer.....



After supper it was 'out with the old'.....





The countertops were full of frozen and half frozen food (mostly half frozen - thus the need for a new freezer)






The new freezer, besides being frost free, has a few bells and whistles.....an outside temperature readout, a 'fast freeze' feature, and alarms when the door is ajar or the temperature rises above a certain point.






The interior is slightly smaller, due to the frost free feature, but it is organized a little better....






MOST of what was in the old freezer went into the new.....it IS a little smaller, after all. BUT there are features (like baskets) that make it more efficient.






I am happy to think I will not have to de-frost this freezer!

1 comment:

kathryn Muyaba said...

nice, the outside is so spiffy!
your brussel sprouts are amazing, who knew they grew like that!