Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 236 Thurs 08-27

Our priority today was a visit to our accountant in Red Deer. His office has been moved to the 'Millenium Center' - or, what was ('in our day') the Hudson's Bay. We now park in the parking lot for what used to be the 'Uptown Theater'.

I most remember this theater for two movies..... First, "Walking Tall" (the original) because it was the first 'R' rated movie I went to - and I was not yet 18! Jim was, though, so I was very close to 18. The woman at the ticket window let me through because it was 'rated R for violence, not sex.' The second movie that I remember from this theater was "Star Wars" (the original). Jim and our friend, Kelly had already gone to the movie and were so excited by it that they wanted me to see it as well. They convinced me that I wanted to go - even though I was due to give birth to Robert any moment and I was very afraid that my water would break in a public place. We stood in a line that extended from inside the theater out to the middle of the parking lot in order to get in.

Here, Jim is walking across that same parking lot - only this time, he had to pay to park there....







We went home through Wetaskiwin because Robert had brought a paper home from the bank for Jim to sign. It was a good excuse to say hi to the kids!


















At home, after supper, Michael and Victoria came out for a visit.
Daniel serenaded us with violin AND guitar music. It is nice to have live music in the house again.




Kaden rode the 'trike' around the living room until his mommy put him to bed.....





1 comment:

kathryn Muyaba said...

sophias hair looks s pretty there.
thats a cool story about the theater, maybe thats why rob loves the movie so much!