Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 213 - Sunday, August 2

Jim and I spent another quiet day since he is feeling quite sick.

I accomplished a few things, however.....

I picked tomatoes from my inside plant - there were about 10 that had ripened in the last 2 days.






We took a walk around the yard to find a few things that had blown off the deck in the storm the night before......I found this, laying on the ground beside one of the pine trees......

The egg is empty and the nest sports pieces of Lucy's hair!
Later, I spent time in my raspberry patch.....


The raspberries are full of thistles so I must wear long sleeves, jeans, and boots to pick berries. Normally, I take care of this job early in the day so it is not too hot. Today, I went out in the middle of the afternoon - not so smart.








In spite of the heat, I got 3/4 of a pail of berries! Not bad for the first picking.


No comments: