Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 222 - Wednesday August 12

Jim spent several hours today mowing......I spent the same amount of time picking raspberries.

NEVER have I gotten so many berries in one picking......about 10 litres. Of course, the last time they were picked was Thursday evening, so it had been almost 5 days....but that means that there were more berries dried up, too.

No, I won't be making jam.....we don't eat enough jam to warrant that. What I do use berries for is my smoothies and/or yogurt in the morning.....or for a 'sweet treat' in the evening. Frozen, unsweetened berries cost quite a lot, so I've frozen my berries in small-ish containers to be thawed and used in place of the expensive ones from the store.

I'm also willing to share - if you want to come pick....as long as I get one picking a week. Of course, the yield will be beginning to drop, I'm sure. I'll definately need someone to come pick when I am gone to Montana.

Here is 8 of the 10 litres I picked:





No comments: