Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 162.....Friday, June 12

Have I mentioned that the temperature has gone below freezing 3 nights in the last week or so? Since those who look at this blog are family, you probably know that. But did you know that the frost resulted in death in our family?

It is true.

Look at the poor peppers - I am not sure why one survived while the rest were killed.




The survivor rate among the tomatoes was ZERO. Even the asparagus is 'iffy' - I'm not sure if it is frozen or just not liking being transplanted.

The dandylions, however, do not seem to have been affected at all...



There are no tomatoes to buy at the greenhouse. Guess I'm not the only one who lost their plants.
Good thing I purchased 2 patio tomatoes May 1. I picked them up today.
Here is one of them - both already have fruit.





2 comments:

Vanessa said...

That's really too bad about the tomatoes. I talked to Aunty Sharon today and she said that our tomato plants are sending up new shoots! They're growing pretty fast, so I hope we have a decent crop of tomatoes. Maybe yours will send up shoots too!

Anonymous said...

Yes Vanessa, Karyn grew these all from seed. First time...I am really proud of her accomplishments with these. It is too bad that the frost got them, but it takes nothing away from the wonderful gardener my lovely bride is becoming.